All Sacramental Preparation Classes and Sacraments of Initiation are postponed until further notice from the Archdiocese of Edmonton. Baptisms, Confirmation & First Holy Communion will be re-scheduled to take place at a later date in consultation with Fr. Joby.
The Seven Sacraments of the Catholic Church
“Jesus answered, ‘Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.’ ”- John 3:5
“But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria and to the end of the earth.” – Acts 1:8
“Jesus said to them, ‘I AM the Bread Life; he comes to me shall not hunger, and he who believes in me shall never thirst.’” – John 6:35
RECONCILIATION “Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven. If you retain the sins of any, they are retained.” – John 20:22b-23
ANOINTING OF THE SICK
“Is any among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord…” – James 5:14
“So also Christ did not exalt himself to be made a high priest, but was appointed by him who said to him, ‘Thou art my Son, today I have begotten thee;’ as he also says in another place, ‘Thou art a priest for ever, after the order of Melchizedek.” – Hebrews 5:5-6
“‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.’ This is a great mystery, and I am applying it to Christ and the Church. Each of you, however, should love his wife as himself, and a wife should respect her husband.” – Ephesians 5:31-33
To prepare for sacraments at St. Francis Xavier Church please refer to the general guidelines below.
- Please contact our Director of Faith Formation, Constantine, for more information about the Sacrament of Baptism.
- Register for an upcoming Baptism Preparation Retreat at St. Francis Xavier Parish.
- Complete all required Baptism Paperwork in order to Book a Date for your child’s Baptism.
- Please contact our Director of Faith Formation, Constantine, for more information about the Sacrament of Confirmation.
- Children typically prepare at the Parish to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation in Grade 6.
- Register for Confirmation Preparation through the Parish Office.
- Please contact our Director of Faith Formation, Constantine, for more information about the Sacrament of the Eucharist.
- Children typically prepare at the Parish to receive their First Holy Communion in Grade 2.
- Register for First Communion Preparation through the Parish Office.
- Please contact our Director of Faith Formation, Constantine, for more information about the Sacrament of Reconciliation.
- Children typically prepare at the Parish to receive their First Reconciliation in Grade 2.
- Preparation for First Reconciliation takes place in conjunction with First Communion Preparation.
ANOINTING OF THE SICK
- Please contact Fr. Joby Augustin, CFIC through the St. Francis Xavier Parish Office if you or your loved has been hospitalized or is ill and in need of the Sacrament of the Anointing of the Sick.
- At least 1 Year Prior to your desired Wedding Date, please contact Fr. Joby Augustin, CFIC through the St. Francis Xavier Parish Office to begin preparing for the Sacrament of Marriage.
- Complete an Approved Marriage Preparation Course/Retreat as directed by Fr. Joby.
- Complete all Marriage Paperwork as directed by the parish pastor well in advance of your desired Wedding Date.
- Visit the Vocations page of the Catholic Archdiocese of Edmonton.
- Contact Fr. Joby Augustin, CFIC through the Parish Office to discuss discernment of a Vocation to the Priesthood. Contact Fr. Joby and/or Dcn. Doug Tien through the Parish Office to discuss discernment of a Vocation to the Diaconate.